aspireDM are commissioned by Homes England to provide regeneration expertise which initially involved the undertaking of an independent strategic review of the entire project from a private sector developer perspective. As part of this work aspireDM provided the guidance required for the York Central delivery strategy to be endorsed and implemented.
A key aspect of the delivery strategy is the procurement of a private developer partner to participate in a joint venture arrangement with the landowners – the challenge being to generate and articulate as compelling an opportunity for the private sector developer market as possible. To instil confidence in the scheme and act as a catalyst for the market, aspireDM has worked closely with the landowners to progress the following initial key elements of York Central, in advance of developer selection:
A commercial office pre-let (circa 200,000 sqft) with a government covenant.
The design has been undertaken in a collaborative arrangement between the pre-let tenant and an assembled landowner consultant team – with the Reserved Matters (RMA) submission for this building will be made in September 2023, with a view to the facility being constructed by the successful JV developer partner and operational in Q1 2027.
- One of the UK’s largest brownfield regeneration sites.
- Located adjacent to the city’s business core and railway station.
- Will transform underused land into residential, cultural and commercial neighbourhoods.
- The development will grow York’s economy by 20%.
- The National Railway Museum will be the cultural heart of the development.